Job Openings: Director of Training and Development (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||December 14, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking a Director of Training and Development. The Director of Training will lead and develop a training team to provide enterprise-wide support and collaborate with departmental heads and managers to facilitate a learning culture. This position is responsible for designing and implementing effective methods to educate, engage and develop employees, enhance performance and support the initiatives, strategies and objectives of the credit union.
- Creates, implements and continuously improves organization-wide training efforts, including but not limited to: new hire and ongoing system skills training, relationship building/sales, products and services, utilization of various technologies, leadership, coaching programs and exercises, and regulatory compliance. Supports, manages, observes and develops a training team including remote work/staff.
- Actively searches and creatively designs and implements effective methods to educate, engage and develop staff and enhance performance. Utilizes various methods of course design for groups and individuals, including in-person/classroom, onsite and remote/virtual learning. Oversees a learning management system.
- Represents the training function in support of vendor projects and relationships. Participates as needed with compliance and HR projects. Coordinates with key stakeholders and departments to research, evaluate and offer creative suggestions to improve products and services for members and drive internal efficiencies.
- Ensures that a high level of quality service is being provided to members by employees and drive consistency throughout all retail outlets and member touch points (branch locations, Member Service Center, e-services/outlets, etc.).
- Selects and/or develops professional curriculum, such as training and development materials, demonstration models, multimedia & visual aids, E-learning and online and intranet resources to further the goals and business initiatives of the credit union. Updates materials to remain current and seeks out cutting edge functional knowledge and methods. Periodically facilitates leadership, coaching and sales and other sessions, in-person, onsite and virtually.
- Partners with management, supervisors, and employees to identify and assess training needs and skill gaps. Seek to understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies and offer appropriate training support. Conducts performance-based measurement assessments and surveys for objective evaluation of professional development/training/coaching/instructional programs.
- Assists with departmental strategic planning and budget management and preparation.
- Develops and maintains organizational communications relative to training and development events and resources via email, intranet, etc. Prepares training status reports, presentations, business proposals and procedures as required. Keep VP of Service & Solutions promptly and fully informed of all issues and take prompt direct action where necessary.
- Equivalent to a college degree (BS or BA in a relevant field) or professional certification. Bachelor’s Degree in Organizational Learning, Learning and Development, Business Management, or equivalent work experience managing the learning function required.
- Eight years to ten years of similar or related experience. Instructional design experience highly preferred. Experience with Learning Management Systems a plus.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is of a personal or sensitive nature. Motivating, influencing, and/or training others is key at this level. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with management, employees, and vendors.
- Verbal and written skills to include facilitation and group presentation ability.
- Analytical abilities to make decisions and evaluate effectiveness of programs.
- Able to operate PC, calculator, and related office, training and AV equipment with average speed and accuracy.
- Valid Drivers License and the ability to commute between branch locations.
- Physical qualifications include sitting at computer or work station for extended periods of time and standing for long periods of time during facilitation/training; ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that promotes networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k match / Company paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
Human Resources will only contact qualified candidates upon receipt and review of your résumé. No phone calls please.
To find out more visit us at https://www.abnbfcu.org/about-us/careers.html
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation