Job Openings: Human Resources Compliance Specialist (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||December 13, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||8:30 am to 5:00 pm|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is accepting applications for a full-time on-site Human Resources Compliance Specialist to assist in assuring Credit Union activities comply with federal and state laws and regulations. The position will work out of our corporate headquarters in Yorktown, Virginia. The weekly schedule will be 40 hours a week from 8:30a.m. to 5:00p.m. The HR Compliance Specialist provides a range of generalist HR functions with a focus on employee health and safety, OSHA compliance, HR compliance under state and federal regulations, and Covid-19 protocols. This position will analyze current HR practices and upcoming regulations and develop solutions to keep the company in compliance. Success in this role will require subject matter expertise in areas of HR compliance. The individual in this role must keep abreast of state and federal regulations and develop corresponding policies and procedures. Critical thinking and excellent written and verbal communication skills are required in this role.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) ensuring that all human resources compliance related legal and regulatory requirements at both the state and federal level are implemented in policy and procedure. Independently leads HR compliance reviews/testing to identify risks to the company and instances of non-compliance with internal processes or federal and/or state laws and regulations. Leverages expertise to develop and recommend remediation plans for identified issues. Coaches and mentors HR team members and business leaders on appropriate solutions to employer and HR compliance, both proactively and tactically. This role is expected to regularly exercise discretion and independent judgment.
- Plans and executes audits of various areas of HR including personnel files, I9s, and OFCCP requirements. Creates, maintains, and publicizes the HR compliance calendar to ensure all reporting including the EEO and MP reporting is conducted on time and as required. Coordinates with the HR Manager to ensure all safety policies and procedures are in alignment with human resources practices.
- Supports responses for documentation requests from HR, payroll, legal,
- internal/external auditors, or regulatory agencies and leads efforts around personnel file archive/retention including maintaining digital and physical records. Develops and leads regular audits and reporting, while ensuring accuracy and compliance for all records in conjunction with record retention policies and related initiatives.
- Provides administrative and operational support to the company's ongoing COVID-19 response program across all locations. The successful candidate will act as a liaison between employees, management, and HR, with a focus on ensuring compliance with evolving company protocols and policies. Acts as a first point of contact and liaison for all reports of COVID-19 exposures and symptoms in the workforce, which includes, without limitation, the following responsibilities:
- Conducting detailed follow up with employees to gather all information required to determine quarantine, isolation and return to work disposition.
- Maintaining detailed records of employee cases, absences and notifications for reporting, HR and payroll purposes.
- Escalating employee questions and issues to HR leadership as necessary.
- Assists managers with monitoring ongoing compliance with masking and social distancing protocols, along with any other COVID-19 mitigation measures put in place by the company, with proper escalation to HR and leadership. Tracks and follows up with employees and managers on required employee documentation such as test results. Maintains and updates 1st Advantage's Infectious Disease Preparedness and Response Plan, Workplace Safety Policy, and annual training as required under the Virginia Final Permanent Standards. Performs other administrative and employee support activities required to further the company's COVID-19 response.
- Ensures compliance with all OSHA regulations through developing OSHA policies, manuals, procedures, and training. Investigates, documents, and resolves all workers compensation claims in a timely manner.
- Works with the Vice President of HR on consulting opportunities to other business clients on matters related to HR compliance.
- Backup for other HR functions within the organization. Special projects as needed; other duties as assigned.
- Provide informed, professional, accurate service and support to all associates by responding to employee concerns in a timely manner.
- This individual must be results oriented and self-driven; proactively identifying and analyzing potential risk areas for the HR department and providing solutions.
- Ensures credit union is compliant with all state and federal HR regulations and reporting requirements.
- Maintains up to date knowledge on evolving state and federal HR regulations.
- Effectively communicate with employees and others in and outside our organization by person, phone, letter and email.
- Proactively demonstrates the 1st Advantage FCU core values of integrity, trustworthiness, teamwork and excellence for all members and colleagues.
Knowledge & Skills:
Experience: Three years to five years of similar or related experience. Experience providing consultative compliance services in a benefits brokerage firm are strongly preferred.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
SHRM-CP or PHR certification strongly preferred. OSHA and safety certifications preferred.
Interpersonal Skills: Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality with information.
- Outstanding skills in providing HR operational support and collaboration with all levels of an organization.
- Knowledge of employment laws, regulations, and practices.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation, or law.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, interpersonal, organizational, and planning/implementation skills.
- Ability to present professionally to outside business partner on HR business solutions for areas of compliance.
- Ability to research, analyze, and interpret varied data and information.
- Highly adept at workload and project coordination/management. Strong organizational skills.
- Excellent skills in Microsoft Office or other standard office and/or other business software.
- Proficiency with HRIS, payroll, talent and/or performance management software.
- Skills in database management and recordkeeping.
- Proficiency in internet and computer use.
Please visit our career page to apply: https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation