Job Openings: Senior Infrastructure Engineer (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||September 22, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Newport News|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union’s Technology team is growing! We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer. This position is responsible to the Technology Services Manager to ensure the primary and backup datacenter and remote locations are always available with a high quality of service, analyze and implement new infrastructure projects and serve as a technical expert in various areas of technology. This position will ensure compliance with change control processes, adherence to standards, and develop required documentation. This position will participate in system maintenance activities and contribute to the optimization and performance of the enterprise infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of Information and Cyber Security, and the ability to apply those concepts into the working environment.
- Ability to undertake and implement projects for new platforms, new systems and new software by working with vendors, internal and external parties with minimal direction and with excellent communication.
- Ability to read technical documentation, perform analyses and translate into physical actions.
- Ability to identify gaps in redundancy or disaster recovery, and make recommendations to address those gaps
- Ability to perform security mitigation and remediation
- Work closely with IT staff to configure, support, and maintain servers, routers, switches, network appliances, VoIP equipment, other communications devices and applications.
- Ensures enterprise wide scalability and performance.
- Identifies, diagnoses, and resolves network, hardware and software problems.
- Creates and maintains comprehensive network documentation.
- Implementation of test plans, migration plans, and delivery plans.
- Responsible for ongoing support of configuration and layout of Enterprise
- Develop documentation of designs and policies associated with networks.
- Constant review and refinement of enterprise backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Provide technical assistance to end-users in resolving day-to-day systems or business problems.
- Research, review, evaluate and install application software. May assist with the coordination and development of staff training materials.
- Coordinate system migrations, upgrades or implementations with staff; provide written documentation of activity procedures.
- Prepare documentation for on-going support of installed systems and infrastructure.
- Develop an action plan to preempt network, communications and equipment problems and ensure disaster recovery.
- Complete Computer Service Requests (CSR’s) and projects as assigned.
- Interface with users regarding questions and requests related to the Information Technology Department.
- Track pending work or problems to completion, maintain contact with involved parties by supplying relevant information and status, and perform follow-up
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a Technical field.
- Industry Certifications Preferred
- 5-10 years Information Technology or equivalent work experience.
- 5-10 years in Microsoft Active Directory domain environment, Server management, Virtualization.
- 5-10 years working with WANs, LANS, VoIP, DLP, IPS, MPLS Networks, routers, switches and firewalls.
- 0 - 5 years work experience in a Financial Institution preferred.
Visit us at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers to learn more about BayPort Credit Union and to apply today!
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation