Job Openings: Mortgage Sales Manager (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||September 22, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Newport News|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union is seeking a Mortgage Sales Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to serve as a team leader in the daily operating functions of the mortgage origination operations of BayPort Credit Union. This position is directly responsible for loan origination goals, objectives and leadership strategies that will expand market share.
- Plans, manages and evaluates the work of Mortgage Originators by establishing individual performance and sales goals; training, coaching and mentoring staff and managing performance.
- Provides leadership through recognizing, coaching, and team building
- Sets individual Mortgage Originator production goals and minimum requirements.
- Communicate business goals, objectives and company performance results consistently and accurately.
- Monitors the performance of Mortgage Originators to ensure production levels meet company standards.
- Develops local origination growth strategy, collaborates with commercial and consumer segments to identify and generate opportunities, determines marketing strategy and drives implementation through Mortgage Originator.
- Engage realtors, developers, builders, community organizations and individuals to promote BayPort’s mortgage products and services, solicit residential mortgage sales, identify and pursue cross-marketing and sales opportunities with regard to other BayPort banking products.
- Ensures professionalism and quality of customer service and teamwork demonstrated by Origination team. Advises and assists in resolution of customer complaints.
- Reviews sales pipeline on daily/weekly/monthly basis in order to achieve production goals.
- Collaborates with the Mortgage Operations team to assist in the flow of production/sales.
- Work closely with the Vice President Mortgage Lending to identify and determine sales targets and production standards.
- Source, analyze and evaluate customer credit and financial information, advise and influence prospects and customers, direct the origination process from application through close, resolve issues and respond to inquiries
- Responsible for the compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures of all sales employees under his or her supervision,
- Performs other duties as requested.
- 6 - 10 years residential mortgage lending experience.
- Minimum of one-year experience in a Managerial or Supervisory role.
- Education equivalent to a four-year high school education plus some additional post-secondary technical course work or equivalent work experience.
- Strong knowledge of FHA, Conventional & VA guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial institution, mortgage, Federal and State lending and compliance/regulatory matters.
- Proven record of success for generating sales in a mortgage-lending environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, and Word).
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment utilizing strong problem-solving skills with a focus on quality member service.
Visit us at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers to learn more about BayPort Credit Union and to apply today!
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation