Job Openings: Collections Manager (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||September 22, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Newport News|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union is seeking a Collections Manager. The primary purpose of this position is to manage all aspects of the Collections process for the Credit Union. This is accomplished by managing the day-to-day operations of the supervisors and staff members of the Collections Department and ensuring that they provide quality member service and support to credit union staff. The Collections Manager will oversee all delinquent accounts; focus on maintaining the control of late and/or delinquent loan accounts and pending late payment reminders. Other duties include performing follow-up telephone calls on higher priority or sensitive delinquent loan accounts, maintaining accurate records on delinquent loan accounts, optimizing the collections on accounts, involvement in some special projects, and other duties as requested.
- Leads and directs the work of others.
- Communicates job expectations.
- Interprets policies and solving problems related to policy and procedural issues for staff and members.
- Oversees the distribution and progress of Collections tasks to each Collections staff members.
- Ensures the Collections staff follow Federal and State rules, regulations, and requirements.
- Evaluates collection queues in order to monitor performance of Collection Coordinators.
- Monitors and evaluates the performance of attorneys and outside collection agencies.
- Assesses current policies and procedures, makes revisions and formulates new policies and procedures as necessary.
- Maintains accurate records of repossessions and foreclosures, to include expenses.
- Assists in placement of automobiles for repossession and monitors Real Estate delinquency.
- Provides monthly statistical reports on delinquency and charge off.
- Reports goals, accomplishments, problems and suggests plans of action to the Executive Management Team on a regular basis.
- Oversees disability insurance claims and bankruptcy filings.
- Represents BayPort in court proceedings, vehicle and foreclosures auctions.
- Motivates employees with verbal, written and informal recognition.
- Education equivalent to a four-year high school education plus some additional post-secondary technical course work.
- 3 – 5 years of progressive Collections experience.
- Familiarity with Temenos or similar related software programs is preferred.
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Visit us at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers to learn more about BayPort Credit Union and to apply today!
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation