Job Openings: Business Integration Engineer (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||September 22, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Newport News|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union is seeking a Business Integration Engineer. This position is responsible to the Business Integration Manager to provide engineering and analysis support in all phases of the credit union’s information technology department. Duties include, but are not limited to, project implementation planning and execution. The Business Integration Engineer works closely with credit union departments during the planning and selection phase of all technology related initiatives.
- Implement new technology solutions that involve core processing systems and third party applications.
- Work independently or in small teams to deliver integrated solution designs.
- Work across departments and teams as an information technology liaison to help understand, define and implement requested changes to existing processes and/or business requirements as specified by third-party vendors.
- Create system design and integration proposals.
- Track pending problems to completion maintaining contact with users by supplying relevant and timely status information.
- Run and monitor performance tests on new and existing software for correcting mistakes, isolating areas for improvement and general debugging.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in the field of computer science, software engineering, information systems, or related field.
- 5 – 10 years equivalent work experience in the information technology field.
- 5 – 10 years experience working in a financial institution is desirable.
- 5 – 10 years experience working with a core host system is desirable.
- Software development experience using structured programming languages.
- Project integration experience.
- Experience defining program requirements and building implementation/integration plans.
- Technically fluent in core processing programming languages.
- Familiar with Microsoft programming and SQL development tools.
- Database development skills including advanced SQL programming and data analysis.
Visit us at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers to learn more about BayPort Credit Union and to apply today!
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation