Job Openings: Collateral Servicing Team Lead (Herndon)
|Announcement Date:||September 21, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Herndon|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
For more than 70 years, Northwest Federal Credit Union has provided valuable financial products and services for our members. Northwest offers employees a comprehensive benefits program including medical and dental plans, paid time off, a generous 401k match, student loan assistance, parental leave, and the opportunity to grow professionally through a wide range of job-based, classroom and online training resources. Northwest Federal Credit Union has been recognized as a 2020 and 2021 Top Workplace by The Washington Post and we believe that our success is built upon the excellence and achievement of our employees. Together, we serve and inspire to transform lives.
The primary function of the Collateral Servicing Team Leader role is to provide leadership and direction to the Collateral Servicing Department. This role is also responsible for the planning, organizing and directing of collateral servicing efforts for the Credit Union to ensure all operations are in accordance with established policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- Supervise 7-9 employees within the Collateral Servicing Department
- Track all auto titling and coordinate with our third-party vendor DealerTrack to ensure liens are secured on all indirect and direct loan collateral
- Track all auto insurance and coordinate with our third-party vendor Allied to ensure insurance coverage is sufficient on all indirect and direct loan collateral
- Prioritize and schedule daily workflow for the collateral clerks
- Handle escalated questions or complaints
- Monitor the missing title report and take appropriate action to resolve
- Monitor all auto loan payoffs to ensure appropriate documents are released according to state and local DMV guidelines
- Meet with direct reports on a consistent basis to review quality of work
- Write and conduct annual performance reviews
- Must have the ability to use discretion in your work
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Remains cognizant and adheres to NWFCU policies, procedures and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA)
- High-school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 3 years of consumer/indirect auto loan experience
- Minimum 2 years of management experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Databases
- Working knowledge of DealerTrack
- Experience working with auto loans in a financial institution is preferred
- General understanding of Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) policies and procedures
Northwest Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or any other classification protected by law.
NWFCU complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the Human Resources Department at 703-709-8900 or HRDepartment@nwfcu.org.
Candidates need to apply directly to the position via the following link: https://careers-nwfcu.icims.com/jobs/1811/collateral-servicing-team-lead/job.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation