Job Openings: Executive Assistant (Chesapeake)
|Announcement Date:||September 20, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Chesapeake|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
ABNB Federal Credit Union is currently seeking an Executive Assistant Board Liaison. The Executive Assistant Board Liaison provides high level administrative support to the CEO, EVP, Board of Directors, Director of Administration, Executive Team, and as needed Board Committees. The Executive Assistant Board Liaison coordinates and executes high level communications, special projects, and tasks from start to finish.
- Provides high-level, value added, administrative support to the President/CEO, Director of Administration, Executive Team, and Board of Directors. Maintains corporate files and meeting schedules; prepares and distributes meeting agendas and related materials. Prepares reports and agendas for meetings, drafts meeting minutes, and updates materials within shared folders/intranet as needed. Successfully plans, manages, and executes all aspects of high-level special projects, as assigned by the CEO. Schedules and coordinates all meetings, including logistics, venue, catering, materials, equipment, etc.
- Coordinates the Board of Directors communications via e-mail, phone, and fax as appropriate, including but not limited to notifications of meeting schedules, distribution of correspondence and packets. Sends reminders to Board and Committee Members in advance of meetings and confirms quorums for each meeting. Maintains and distributes hard copy and electronic files for Board Meeting packets. Manages and updates Board of Directors calendar. Schedules and coordinates all Board of Directors meetings and as necessary, Board Committee meetings including logistics, venue, catering, materials, equipment, etc. Organizes and attends Board meetings. Coordinates food and when required lodging for Board and Board related meetings, planning sessions, and events. Records attendance, takes detailed notes, and produces minutes for meetings as appropriate. Ensures the signatures are obtained on resolutions and other Board business in a timely manner. Participates in Board activities in a highly professional and confidential manner.
- Schedules all aspects of travel for CEO and Board of Directors including international travel. Responsibilities include but are not limited to preparing trip itineraries, booking all accommodations to include lodging, airfare, rail, and ground travel/transportation in addition to special meals, and scheduling meetings/appointments. Prepares and files all travel expense reports and check requests.
- Manages multiple ongoing projects with competing priorities. Assists the CEO with highly confidential research and analysis pertaining to mergers, acquisitions, and business growth. Responds to inquires and correspondence on behalf of the CEO and Director of Administration as directed. Drafts, proofreads, and distributes outgoing correspondence and reports.
- Manages and updates all board documents in a timely manner. (This includes terms, contact, by-laws, minutes, membership information, affiliations, etc.) Maintains separate lists of confidential information and controls access to information in accordance with highest confidentiality standards.
- Coordinates a variety of activities within the division including special events, executive team building events, off site planning sessions, and weekly meetings for the Executive Team and Board of Directors. Manages and facilitates the logistics of all meetings to include locations, catering, set up, technological aspects, and clean up.
- Reconciles corporate credit cards for all corporate cards in addition to Board Members, CEO, and Executive Team as needed. Sorts and distributes mail to Board and Executive Team.
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as assigned.
- Five years to eight years of similar or related experience.
- A bachelor's degree, or (2) achievement of formal certifications recognized in the industry as equivalent to a bachelor's degree (e.g. information technology certifications in lieu of a degree).
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities (companies and/or individuals) becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Work involves extensive personal contact with members of the Board of Directors, community leaders, business leaders, and internal managers. Motivating others or getting them to do things they might not do otherwise is a key to success for incumbents in this position. External contacts are vital, not only for the success of the position, but the success of the company overall.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret business communications, financial reports, and other relevant business documents.
- Requires professionalism in all dealings and the ability to appropriately handle the confidential nature of the position.
- Ability to work productively, autonomously, and under limited supervision.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Demonstrated success managing and executing multiple priorities and projects for multiple team members based on business needs.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, high regard for accuracy and top quality work.
- Effective and creative problem-solver and decision-maker with strong initiative and excellent follow-through.
- The Credit Union is committed to working with its employees to reasonably accommodate them with the physical aspects of the position. The following list outlines the physical considerations that are normally encountered in this job:
- Ability to communicate
- Ability to operate standard office equipment
- Must be able to sit for extended periods of time and to occasionally lift and move items up to 15 pounds
- Must have a valid drivers license
- Office and Remote Work
- Competitive compensation with opportunities for annual raises and promotions
- Community focused culture that allows networking and involvement in Hampton Roads and Parts of North Carolina
- Employee Benefits (401k match / Company paid Short Term and Long-Term Disability / Tuition reimbursement / Affordable health insurance options)
- An employee-focused, diverse, and member relationship driven workplace environment
To find out more visit us at https://www.abnbfcu.org/about-us/careers.html
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation