Job Openings: Mortgage Loan Officer (Yorktown)
|Announcement Date:||March 23, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Yorktown, VA|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
1st Advantage Federal Credit Union is currently accepting applications for a Mortgage Loan Officer. The selected candidate will continually identify, develop, and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serve as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities. Respond to member inquiries and referrals that are generated from personal contacts and from other 1st Advantage business channels. Conducts interviews with prospective borrowers to analyze financial and credit data, determine financing objectives, advise members of product/pricing policies and guidelines, and gather any additional required information. Ensures exceptional member service by maintaining thorough knowledge of lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements, demonstrating a commitment to professional ethics, complying with all Federal and State compliance policies.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Ensures exceptional customer experience by overseeing loan process from origination to close and providing on-going communication to members and business partners.
- Prospects new mortgage lending opportunities. Meet with members as necessary during various stages of the loan process.
- Achieves production goals as established by 1st Advantage.
- Develop and maintain a successful relationship with internal and external business referral sources.
- Develop Business Referral Network through marketing, cold calling, prospecting, and networking activities.
- Meet with prospective borrowers. Review/analyze financial data and determine borrower financing objectives and goals.
- Present appropriate 1st Advantage products and programs and explain guidelines. Apprise of pricing and lock rate as required.
- Collect supporting loan documentation as required and provide complete package for approval within required time frames.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to sell additional products.
- Maintain current and thorough knowledge of all lending programs, policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements.
- Attend and complete all 1st Advantage required training.
Knowledge and Skills:
Experience One year to three years of similar or related experience.
Education (1) A two-year college degree, or (2) completion of a specialized certification or licensing, or (3) completion of specialized training courses conducted by vendors, or (4) job-specific skills acquired through an apprenticeship program.
Interpersonal Skills - Work involves much personal contact with others inside and/or outside the organization for the purpose of first-level conflict resolution, building relationships, and soliciting cooperation. Discussions involve a higher degree of confidentiality and discretion, requiring diplomacy and tact in communication.
- Strong computer skills including a fundamental understanding of MS applications, and previous experience utilizing laptop technology for communication purposes.
- Solid time management skills and the ability to organize, prioritize, and perform multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing, across a variety of audiences.
- Ability to analyze and comprehend complex financial data and provide financial alternatives.
- Enthusiasm for assignments and the ability to meet established timelines.
To submit an application online, please visit us at https://www.1stadvantage.org/about/careers.
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation