Job Openings: Member Service Representative (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||March 19, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Newport News, VA|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union is currently seeking a Member Service Representative.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide quality service to the Credit Union members. This is accomplished by serving as a liaison between the member and the credit union; greeting and welcoming credit union members in a professional and timely manner; providing information to current as well as prospective members on membership eligibility, account types, loan products and any other services the Credit Union offers. Other duties include opening new accounts for members to include but not limited to: loans, IRA’s, and certificates; resolving problems with members’ accounts, interviewing loan applicants, processing loan requests, responding to members’ requests in a timely, professional manner and performing other duties as requested.
Essential Functions and Supporting Duties:
- Identify member needs and provide information on membership eligibility, account types, loan products and other Credit Union services.
- Open new accounts, complete Credit Union onboarding process, process and maintain loan requests, provide detailed information on mortgage loan products.
- Respond to member requests, problems and concerns by problem solving via email, phone, and/or written correspondence.
- Educate members on Credit Union products and services that will benefit both parties by listening, anticipating member needs and recommending appropriate product solutions.
- Cultivate and retain member relationships by providing quality service with a professional positive attitude.
- High School education or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year experience in a Financial Institution setting, specifically related to teller, member service, and loan functions.
- Acceptable credit rating and criminal background check.
- NMLS Certification within 30 days of hire.
- Strong listening and customer service skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively ask questions and identify needs to enhance the customer relationship.
Interested candidates can apply on our website at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation