Job Openings: Financial Education Supervisor (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||March 18, 2021|
|Location of Position:||Newport News, VA|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union is currently seeking a Financial Education Supervisor.
Contributes to achievement of BayPort Credit Union’s strategic goals through effective planning, development, and implementation of youth financial education programs for members, potential members, students, and other groups. Serves as a champion for youth financial literacy. Develops relationships and represents BayPort Credit Union in youth financial literacy efforts in the schools, community, and with other organizations. Leads the efforts in student-run credit union branches and teen advisory board.
Essential Functions and Supporting Duties:
- Supervises Youth Financial Educators to implement programs that increase community youth financial literacy.
- Oversees the overall operations of the student-run credit union branch program. Cultivate positive relationships between students, school faculty and staff, credit union employees, and the credit union. Identify and facilitate roll-out of new student-run branches. Train incoming student staff on products, processes, procedures, and operating guidelines. Lead the development of in-school membership drives and marketing promotions. Recruit and train Credit Union personnel who support and operate student-run branches. Work with marketing to develop and produce marketing materials specific to student-run branches. Ensure student-run branches have needed stock materials, supplies, and equipment.
- Oversees BayPort Credit Union’s Youth Reward Program.
- Plans, develops, and manages youth financial education initiatives to increase personal finance knowledge among members, potential members, students and in our communities. Develops annual plans that meet the current and changing needs of our audiences. Is knowledgeable about and incorporates effective teaching methods for varied audiences.
- Conducts youth financial education seminars and makes presentations to members, teachers, students and other groups. Examples of topics are money management, credit, budgeting, home ownership and identity theft. Collaborates with others, such as public relations, membership development, marketing, lending, BayPort Financial and BayPort Insurance, in the planning, development, coordination and delivery of seminars.
- Create and oversee teen advisory board with the goal of utilizing the group for product and service development, delivery channel input, and development of image related to these age groups.
- Develops and fosters relationships in school districts and with appropriate government groups to encourage financial education in the classroom. Provides teacher training and other appropriate support for these initiatives.
- Develops criteria, enlists and trains other credit union employees and partners to present effective financial education programs. Collaborates with them to enhance skills and programs.
- Serves as a financial literacy champion for the credit union, with employees, members, school systems and communities. Investigates and creates opportunities to provide financial education and promote financial literacy. Initiates and tests new ideas. Partners with other organizations and groups as appropriate. Contributes to efforts to educate lawmakers about the importance of financial education.
- Educates youth about BayPort Credit Union services and encourages them to take advantage of services and benefits that can help them get ahead financially.
- Education equivalent to a 4-year bachelor’s degree in education, finance, business management or related business field and/or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of youth and young adult learning methods.
- Classroom teaching and curriculum development skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective presentation skills with experience presenting to young people.
- Effective PC and technology skills, including use of PowerPoint and multi-media.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and Saturdays for scheduled events.
Additional Desired Attributes:
- Prior relationships with educators in public school systems.
- Experience presenting to youth and young adults with experience teaching personal finance.
- Up-to-date license/certification by state Board of Education to teach in public schools.
Interested candidates can apply on our website at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation