Job Openings: System Administrator (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||October 16, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Monday - Friday|
|Hours:||8-6 pm, flexible with weekend work as business demands|
Call Federal is seeking a System Administrator to ensure the day-to-day security and operation of the credit union’s computer system and other office equipment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Planning and directing of workflow for IT tickets and tasks.
- Responsible for the operation and maintenance of Local Area Networks including telephone and data communications to ensure capabilities are maintained with as little down-time as possible
- Work with management to create Information Systems Departmental policies, procedures and reports and ensure they remain current
- Work with Compliance to establish, adhere to, and enforce system security policy and standards, and to develop, maintain and update corresponding policies and procedures
- Assist in developing and maintaining an Information Systems Disaster Recovery Plan/Business Continuity plan. In conjunction with Compliance conduct periodic testing of the emergency restoration plan
- Works with VP of Operations to prepare Information Systems budget and strategic initiatives in conjunction with the company’s goals, and monitors performance of budget
- System admin for servers, networking and security systems, and patch management system.
- Develops, recommends and implements new system features, enhancements and updates.
- Provide technical support to all credit union employees.
- Ensure network files and servers are properly backed up.
- Shared supervision of IT help desk staff
- Serves as a training resource and mentor for other IT staff
- Ensure secure and efficient connectivity of network for all locations.
- Maintain efficient operation of workstations, servers, printers, etc.
- Maintain efficiency of internal and external email systems.
- Audit workstations to ensure proper patching and virus protection is in place.
- Advocate and demonstrate company brand
- Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree in Information Systems or related field
- Five to 10 years of IT experience
- Supervisory experience
- Previous credit union or financial institution experience a plus
- Ability to interact with people of all technical skill levels, including members, vendors, and coworkers
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows operating systems and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Access
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange Server or Office 365 Admin Console and with File and Folder permissions in a Windows Environment
- Experience with Active Directory, Windows Servers, Hyper-V or VMware
- PC imaging experience
- Knowledge of databases and the ability to create ad hoc queries
- Know or willingness to learn a scripting language, such as VBScript
- Ability to work under little supervision
- Acceptable background check; credit, criminal and insurance
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements:
This position requires the employee to work indoors in a typical office environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to have ordinary ambulatory skills sufficient to visit other locations, and the ability to stand, walk stoop, kneel, crouch and manipulate (lift, carry, move) light to medium weights of 1-25 pounds. Requires good hand-eye coordination, arm hand and finger dexterity, including ability to grasp, and visual acuity to use a keyboard, operate equipment and read application information. The employee frequently is required to sit, reach with arms, talk and hear.
5058 Commerce Rd, Richmond, VA 23234
Between 8-6pm Monday through Friday, flexible with weekend work as business demands.
Applicants can apply online by clicking the following link: https://call-federal-credit-union.careerplug.com/jobs/1169959/apps/new
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation