Job Openings: Collector (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||October 8, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
Argent Credit Union is currently seeking a Collector. Through a combination of research and member contact the Collections Officer will optimize collections on accounts while balancing the goodwill of members with the overall business interests of the credit union. Works with direction from the management team in the Loan Administration Department. Expected to work with limited supervision and exercise a moderate amount of discretion and judgement.
Essential Position Functions:
- Perform timely and diligent collection of early to late stage delinquent loans and credit cards.
- Prioritize workload to meet or exceed monthly collection and contact goals.
- For first payment defaults, insure the contact and payment instructions were entered correctly into Argent systems. Attempt contact with members to explain how to make payments and/or to determine if payments were misdirected.
- Contact members through correspondence, telephone, or if necessary, with the use of an external third party. Perform skip tracing to establish contact when needed.
- Utilize negotiation and persuasion skills to resolve defaults and delinquencies with member accounts.
- Determine reason for delinquency and establish an equitable payment arrangement enlisting the cooperation of the member, tracking member’s compliance to revised payment schedule and follow up on broken promises.
- Offer recommendations to members experiencing financial hardships. Complete deferments, extension agreements and loan modifications for members where required. Gather necessary documentation as required for these solutions. Generate various correspondence as needed.
- Research, as needed, delinquent loans due to fraud, misapplied payments, terminated automatic payments, or CPI insurance. Identify discrepancies in need of resolution.
- Make recommendations to management regarding uncollectible accounts.
- Assist management with month end reports, policies and departmental procedures.
- Process incoming payment and payoff requests.
- Process all life and disability claims with credit union insurance carriers.
- Perform file maintenance updates and assist management with loan level data collection for research and analysis.
- Documents all collection activity clearly, accurately, and in a timely manner on the systems employed at the credit union. Set appropriate flags and/or close accounts. Ensures correspondence is recorded properly and appropriately for use as a tracking record for collection.
- Complies with the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA).
- Backup Collections positions to provide department coverage as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, share information, and respond to member and associate questions.
- Ability to work well within a team in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to negotiate.
- Ability to meet deadlines, to concentrate and pay attention to detail for 100% of the time.
- Ability to read and interpret information in order to input data into the computer.
- Ability to be trustworthy and act with integrity.
- Analytical ability for problem solving and troubleshooting.
- Must possess valid driver’s license and vehicle to travel to attend meetings and hearings out of the office.
Required Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- One to three years collection experience in a bank, law firm or credit union organization with knowledge of accounts, loans and services.
*Applications can be submitted through http://www.argentcu.org/about/careers/
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation