Job Openings: Accounting Specialist (Richmond)
|Announcement Date:||October 8, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Richmond|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
Argent Credit Union is currently seeking an Accounting Specialist to perform various accounting and other activities in support of the day-to-day operations of the credit union and Finance Department.
Essential Position Functions:
- Reconciles corporate credit union account on a monthly basis.
- Posts journal entries received from other credit union departments.
- Creates and posts journal entries for investments, loan sales and purchases, loan participation payments, repossessions, insurance agency, and other miscellaneous transactions.
- Supports investment security and investment certificate purchases and sales, and communicates with brokers and other market participants.
- Balances, makes any necessary changes to, and posts Prologue download file.
- Balances debit card settlement and prepares general ledger entries.
- Balances shared branch settlements for Issuer and Acquirer and prepares general ledger entries.
- Balances monthly Credit Life and Credit Disability Insurance for loans and credit cards. Remits payment to CUNA and prepares general ledger entries.
- Assists in the preparation of financial statements, call report schedules, spreadsheets, and analyses.
- Prepares foreign checks to be sent for collection. Posts funds to member’s account when funds are available.
- Fulfils internal and external request for records.
- Provides assistance to auditors and examiners.
- Performs routine maintenance to scanner, image machine, postage machine, and printers.
- Provides support to other credit union employees by assisting with research, error correction, inquiries and questions.
- Provides backup to other Finance Department positions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present and share information, and respond to member and internal customer questions.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to read and interpret information in order to input data into the computer
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize work, and pay attention to detail.
- Excellent math ability and attention to detail.
- Ability to be trustworthy and act with integrity.
Required Education and Experience:
- College-level principles of accounting coursework or equivalent.
- Knowledge of generally-accepted accounting principles in the financial services industry.
- Previous employment in accounting or bookkeeping at a credit union or bank preferred.
*Applications can be submitted through http://www.argentcu.org/about/careers/
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation