Job Openings: Service Development Specialist (Newport News)
|Announcement Date:||July 29, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Newport News|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
BayPort Credit Union is currently seeking a Service Development Specialist. The primary purpose of this position is to provide training to all credit union employees and support an environment that allows staff to provide consistent service excellence to members, employees and business associates as outlined in our mission, vision and standards of excellence. This is accomplished by planning and implementing the credit union’s employee education and training programs to support the strategic plan of the credit union.
Other duties include ensuring that the ongoing development of all employees reflects in the service quality offered to members; conducting new employee orientation; training new and current employees in specific job functions, maintaining availability as a resource for employee training and troubleshooting as well as, attends job-related courses and seminars to pursue a program of leadership and self-development; and performing other duties as requested.
- Assists with the development and deployment of staff training courses and materials to support our sales, service, product development and other training programs and initiatives. This includes classroom, virtual, eLearning and in-branch training and observations.
- Continuously investigates and researches new training methods and techniques and effectively applies them to current and new training programs.
- Continuously reviews training sessions and all related material to ensure all sales and service objectives of each training program are met. This includes, but not limited to Teller, Member Service, Consumer Lending, Contact Center, all Credit Union products and services, Federal compliance and regulations, and new employee orientation.
- Maintains communication with the managers and documents performance regarding staff training needs and recommended developmental progress.
- Encourages and evaluates feedback from staff on the strengths and weaknesses of training programs administered and makes adjustments when necessary.
- Participates in continual educational programs to maintain knowledge including but not limited to training techniques, financial services, and financial technologies by attending seminars and conferences.
- Assist with CPD On-Line, Financial Fitness Academy and other online training curriculum and testing and track individual progress and courses taken.
- Supports the management of and administration of the Product Knowledge Certification Program.
- Regularly reviews and updates training manuals and the Online Product Knowledge Manual to ensure all information is current.
- Utilizes a range of computer software applications to include Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe, and other software that may be needed.
- Participates as a team member in the department and successfully supports and upholds the standards of excellence established by BayPort Credit Union.
- May be required to work at various branches in Teller, MIS and/or MSR capacity.
- Education equivalent to a four-year high school education plus some additional post-secondary technical course work.
- 12 – 24 months experience in a financial institution environment, specifically in the field(s) of teller, member service, and loans.
- Ability to effectively present in front of others; articulate clearly, communicate well with others in writing, verbally, and through the use of presentations and other learning tools.
- Ability to operate a PC, to include but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point programs.
- Ability to adapt well to varying conditions and/or audiences
- Previous experience training, teaching, or facilitating meetings of varying audiences.
This job description is not an all-inclusive list of the responsibilities, skills, working conditions or essential functions of this job. Management reserves the right to modify, add or remove essential functions as business needs warrant.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and reserve the right to perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Interested candidates may apply at www.bayportcu.org/about/careers
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation