Job Openings: Chief Financial Officer (Roanoke)
|Announcement Date:||June 30, 2020|
|Location of Position:||Roanoke|
|Salary:||Based on experience|
|Days:||Based on need|
|Hours:||Based on need|
Blue Eagle Credit Union has an immediate opening for a Chief Financial Officer. The CFO is a key member of the Credit Union’s Senior Leadership Team. Manages activities related to the treasury, budgeting, taxes, accounting, assets and liabilities, and financial controls. Plans, directs, and controls the organization’s overall financial plans and policies, accounting practices, and relationships with depository and borrowing institutions and the financial community with the goal of protecting the assets of the credit union. Develops and coordinates necessary and appropriate accounting and statistical data and reports, and counsels management on fiscal control and profitability. Maintains the fair measurement and presentation of the organization’s financial results and condition under U.S. GAAP, and for the safeguarding and optimum use of the organization's assets in order to maximize return. Directs the accounting, financial reporting, payment services and card services functions by providing leadership and training while ensuring compliance with credit union policies and procedures, as well as applicable state and federal banking regulations and laws.
The CFO must satisfy the minimum qualifications and education:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or related field
- Experience in a financial management position at a credit union, bank or a closely affiliated partner (CPA, Auditor, Examiner), minimum of 5 - 8 years
- Leadership ability, confidence and executive presence, as demonstrated by successful work experience in a senior leadership position at a credit union or financial institution, minimum 5 - 8 years
- Ability to prepare financial reports and ensure complete and accurate financial, statistical, and accounting records of the Credit Union
- Ability to formulate and execute investment policy and financial forecasts in conjunction with risk management analysis
The following qualifications and education are preferred:
- MBA in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation
- Experience in a high-level financial management position at a high performing credit union, minimum of 5 - 8 years
The CFO must possess the following skills and attributes: proven leadership and management skills in a fast-paced, dynamic organization; strong strategic planning skills and organizational skills; strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with people at all levels of an organization and external relationships with vendors, regulators and auditors; effective oral communication skills and clear and concise writing skills needed for the development and communication of policies, procedures, and financial presentations; strong listening and discernment skills; courage to make tough decisions and deliver difficult messages with professionalism, poise, tact and diplomacy; extremely detail-oriented and analytical; excellent at performing multiple tasks simultaneously, meet deadlines, and establish priorities; superior level of member service, positive role model for staff, and demonstrate a high level of commitment to the credit union; high level of integrity and dependability, ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations/information while exercising strict confidentiality; well-developed time management skills; ability to exercise independent judgment; proficient knowledge of Google Applications and Microsoft Office.
The CFO must perform the following essential functions:
- Directs decision making towards consistently protecting the assets of the credit union.
- Oversees and directs finance, accounting, budgeting, audits, taxes, owned real estate and insurance, and related accounting and finance activities for the Credit Union.
- Directs investing of excess liquidity within credit union policy and oversees the balancing of the Credit Union investments on a monthly basis including adjustments to market value.
- Manages the credit union’s asset/liability program to ensure that the credit union complies with all regulatory guidelines and provides required reports to the Asset Liability Management (ALM) Committee and Board of Directors.
- Manages direct reports in Accounting, Payment Services and Card Services departments to maximize productivity and efficiency including hiring, directing job assignments, monitoring staff performance, coaching, counseling, training, assuring compliance with regulatory requirements and organizational mission, values, policies and work rules. Appraises performance and provides recommendations for staff compensation, promotion, and termination, as appropriate.
- Serves as a positive role model and displays servant leadership daily, which includes fostering an engaging, professional work environment where external and internal members receive exceptional service, teamwork is encouraged and evident, and Blue Eagle core values are demonstrated.
- Creates, maintains and recommends modifications to any policy including, but not limited to, the credit union’s investment policy, asset liability management policy, concentration risk policy, fixed asset policy, ACH policy and wire transfer policy.
- Works closely with external auditors and state and federal regulatory examiners to ensure the credit union is in compliance with prescribed accounting methods set out in regulation, law, FASB rules, and generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Prepares, reviews, and analyzes monthly financial results including monthly income statements and balance sheets. Provides analysis and recommendations on actual variances to budget.
- Directs and analyzes studies of general economic, business, and financial conditions and their impact on the credit union’s policies and operations.
- Participates actively with the President/CEO and Senior Team Leaders in strategic planning process.
- Supports all areas of the credit union in establishing a system of internal control in all departments of responsibility to protect credit union assets.
- Manages all accounting related duties, ensuring adequate funding of the Allowance for Loan Loss by working closely with Loss Prevention and the VP of Lending.
- Performs all accounting related duties associated with employee payroll and the credit union’s employee retirement plans.
- Works closely with all areas of the credit union to mitigate fraud.
- Oversees annual budget planning, preparation and presentation to the Board of Directors.
- Oversees the credit union’s surety bond and related insurance policies.
If you are interested in this job opportunity, complete and electronically sign the full application at https://blueeaglecreditunion.applicantstack.com/x/openings, and submit it along with your résumé (cover letter optional).
Blue Eagle Credit Union is an EEO employer - M/F/Vets/Disabled
How to Apply
Carefully read the above posting for specific information on how to apply for this position. If the credit union requests you apply through their website or directly through email to one of their staff members, please use that method to ensure timely consideration for the position you seek.
Go to main navigation