CURRENT Newsletter | September 9, 2022
Share Your News!
- Email Us
- 800.768.3344, ext. 629
We appreciate our loyal readers! Please send your comments and feedback to email@example.com.
GROWTH Conference Next Week; Still Time to Register
Next week, your League will host its inaugural GROWTH Conference in Virginia Beach (Sept. 14-16). This is a must-attend event for anyone responsible for driving growth and exceptional member experience at their credit union! Registration is still open for this event.
Quarterly Compliance Webinar Sept. 21
Our quarterly compliance roundtable is set for Sept. 21. Compliance attorney Jay Spruill will cover the latest regulatory compliance issues and updates. This webinar is a dues-supported service and is free-of-charge for member credit unions.
Seminar Offers Overview of CU System, Financials & Philosophy
On Sept. 22 in Richmond, your League will host a special seminar as part of our EMERGE Leadership Certification program. We will cover credit union financials, the structure of the credit union industry, our philosophy, and the importance of your role as a credit union advocate. Anyone can participate in this training, including your Board and Supervisory Committee members.
NOTE: This is the second module of our EMERGE Leadership Certification program, but anyone interested in this program is encouraged to register! Your League is offering the certification program to foster leadership skills in up-and-coming credit union professionals. The certification program consists of five core "modules" of training and educational sessions – the multi-day EMERGE Conference and four single-day events. You can register for the program at any point and each module is offered annually.
Tidewater Chapter Donates $10,318 to CHKD
The Tidewater Chapter donated $10,318.54 to Children's Hospital of the Kings Daughters, the Norfolk-based Children's Miracle Network Hospital. The Chapter raised the funds through its June charity golf tournament, with a matching contribution of $4,000 through the Co-op Miracle Match Program.
Women’s Leadership Conference Oct. 5-7 in New Orleans
On Oct. 5-7 in New Orleans, your League will join its partner Leagues in TRGroup to offer our inaugural Womens Leadership Conference, which features two full days of education, programming and networking.
GWLN Virginia Sister Society Will Host Free Virtual Event Oct. 20
The Virginia Sister Society of the Global Women’s Leadership Network will host a virtual event on Oct. 20. Titled “Making Herstory: Building Your Legacy,” program moderator Sarah Snell Cooke, of Cooke Consulting Solutions, will facilitate discussion for a panel comprised of women who will be part of the inaugural class of inductees into the HERSTORY exhibit at the America’s Credit Union Museum! Learn more about that here: acumuseum.org/herstory.html
In addition to the panel discussion, this event will feature break-out discussions about building one’s own legacy, sharing of key takeaways from the breakouts, and a workshop about goal setting, leadership and taking action. This virtual event is free to attend.
Registration for League's CEO Forum Now Open
While emerging credit unions face a host of challenges, they're also learning to navigate and thrive in today's demanding, hyper-competitive marketplace.
Join us Oct. 18 for the League's CEO Forum, a special low-cost conference targeted to small- and mid-sized credit unions featuring industry experts and regulators addressing current opportunities and challenges.
Virtual IRA Training Set for Oct. 25-26
Join the highly skilled trainers from Ascensus for virtual IRA Training on Oct. 25 & 26. Take advantage of both Essentials & Advanced sessions! Whether you are new to IRAs or an experienced administrator wanting an update, you'll find the training you need.
Register (Our friends at the Mississippi Credit Union Association are hosting registration.)
Register Now for Sept. 15 Webinar on Climate-Related Preparedness
The National Credit Union Administration Office of Consumer Financial Protection is partnering with the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to host a webinar on Sept. 15, focused on how credit unions and their members can prepare for, and remain resilient in the face of, climate-related disasters.
Additional Articles of Interest
- Lending, Assets, Insured Shares, Deposits Continue Growth in 2Q
- Economic Update Covers 'Eye-Popping' Loan Growth, Consumer Perceptions
- Crash the GAC Returns with Its 14th Cohort in 2023!
- Additional Details Needed on Proposed Changes to CFPB Information Collection
- Appeals Court Rules in Favor of Credit Unions in FCDPA Lawsuit
- Regulators Take Tough Look at Small Banks' Partnerships with Fintechs
- OCC's Hsu Says Bank-Fintech Relationships May Be Systemic Risk
- Amendment to the Cyber-Related Sanctions Regulations, Associated Administrative List Updates
- Risk, Reward Ahead for FIs in Run-Up to Midterms
- California, New York AGs Push Card Companies to Add Firearms Category
- CDFI Fund Issues Long-Sought Supplemental Guidance
- NIST Cybersecurity Framework Webinar Scheduled for Sept. 12
- ‘Limit Or Eliminate’—Biden Executive Order Triggers Shock U.S. Bitcoin Ban Proposal After Radical Ethereum Upgrade And Wild Crypto Price Swings
- Crypto Exchange Targets Treasury Sanctions in National Security Clash
- New Fed Banking Chief Michael Barr Lays Out Vision on Digital Currency; Keeping Banks Safe
- House Republicans Want Answers From Fed on Digital Dollar
- Consumer Sentiment Around Buying, Selling of Homes Declines for Sixth Straight Month
- Mortgages Slip, New Car Sales Slide in August
- Mortgage Rates Reach Highest Level Since 2008
- Home Equity Loans Back in Vogue as Cash-Out Refis Fade