CURRENT Newsletter | November 18, 2022
Share Your News!
- Email Us
- 800.768.3344, ext. 629
We appreciate our loyal readers! Please send your comments and feedback to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: The League office is closed on Nov. 24 and 25 for Thanksgiving!
League, CUs Ready to Work with Congressional Delegation as Coming Session Brings Republican-Led House, Democrat-Controlled Senate
Credit unions will be working with and lobbying a Democrat-controlled Senate and a Republican-led House.
“Your League will continue to build on the solid working relationships we enjoy with our Congressional delegation -- both Democrats and Republicans -- including Congresswoman-elect Jen Kiggans,” noted Virginia Credit Union League President/CEO Carrie Hunt. “Our legislative priorities for the coming session of Congress remain unchanged. We’ll pursue measures that support credit unions’ ability to thrive in today’s marketplace, measures that provide Americans greater access to credit union membership, and legislation that lessens credit unions’ regulatory burden. We are now laser-focused on the lame duck session, recognizing that several serious legislative threats remain, along with some opportunities, including the fiercely opposed Credit Card Competition Act and the long-sought SAFE Banking Act.”
Join this free webinar on Dec. 6 to learn how to implement fintechs' lending strategies at your credit union and recapture your members' loans!
Count on your League to help you manage today's complex regulatory compliance environment. The next in our series of quarterly webinars is slated for Dec. 7, with attorney Jay Spruill (Woods Rogers Vandeventer Black law firm) covering compliance hot topics and regulatory issues that need to be on your radar.
Join League President/CEO Carrie Hunt for a special virtual membership meeting on Dec. 14. We’ll look ahead to League initiatives in 2023 and the upcoming sessions of the Virginia General Assembly and a new Congress, as well as the legislative and regulatory landscapes.
Credit Unions: Join us in Richmond on Jan. 19 for Credit Union Day at the Virginia General Assembly!
Other News of Note:
- League Presents 2022 State-Level Social Responsibility Awards
- Virginia's Credit Unions, League Honor DeTuncq, Gull with Induction into Wall of Fame
- Chartway Congratulates Two Board Members
- ValleyStar Credit Union Announces New SVP of Credit Administration
- Tidewater Chapter Recognizes Retiring Leader, Volunteer Leigh Ann Graham
- 3 Virginia Credit Unions Among National Social Responsibility Award Winners
- VACU to add Arts District branch in former Bistro 27 space
- Appeals Court Blocks Biden’s Student-Loan Forgiveness Program
- NCUA Chairman Harper Testifies Before the U.S. House Committee on Financial Services
- NCUA Chairman Harper Testifies on State of the Credit Union Industry at Senate Hearing
- Risk Alert: Implementing Trusted Contacts in the Fight Against Fraud
- Wall Street Tests Crypto Dollars with Fed, Defying FTX Gloom