CURRENT Newsletter | July 15 2022
Share Your News!
League Hosting Legislative Receptions Across the Commonwealth; Register Now
Your League is hosting legislator receptions across the Commonwealth next month. These events are free to attend, but we do ask that you register to aid us in planning. Dates: Richmond (Aug. 4); Roanoke (Aug. 17); Shenandoah Valley (Aug. 18); Hampton Roads (Aug. 23). We also plan to host a Northern Virginia event in early September; details coming soon.
League President/CEO Carrie Hunt Hosting July 27 Virtual Meeting for Members CUs
Join League President/CEO Carrie Hunt on July 27 for a special virtual meeting on your League's recent initiatives, including updates on advocacy, business solutions and our collaborative endeavors. We also want to hear from you!
Financial Exploitation of the Elderly: New Duties for Credit Unions Under 2022 Virginia Legislation
As of July 1, credit unions and other financial institutions have new duties in connection with efforts to combat the financial exploitation of the elderly.
#ilovemycreditunion Day Slated for July 29
On July 29, the credit union system will come together across the social media stratosphere to spread inspiring and authentic conversation about our credit unions and system using the common hashtag, #ilovemycreditunion. We’d love for Virginia-based credit unions to join the effort!
FREE Virtual BSA Training Set for Aug. 3
Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) requirements remain a top priority and area of focus for regulators and examiners. Your staff and Board members need to understand BSA requirements and the regulation’s purpose.
Join us for this FREE training session Aug. 3 to learn about the essential components of the BSA, including reporting and recordkeeping requirements. A certificate will be provided noting attendees’ completion of the training.
League President Carrie Hunt Participates in Swearing-In Ceremony for NCUA's Harper
League President/CEO Carrie Hunt participated in Monday’s ceremonial swearing-in ceremony for National Credit Union Administration Chairman Todd Harper.
QCash Financial Webinar: No Credit Check Loans for Your Members
QCash’s mission is to improve the financial well-being of members by partnering with credit unions to provide access to Life Event and Specialty loans. Through their lending platform, QCash can provide the funds your members need, day or night. The funds are immediately deposited to the member’s account with just six clicks in 60 seconds: no credit check or loan officer interaction is required. Join us for a free webinar on QCash July 21.
Amp Up Your Credit Card Offerings with Fiserv’s Credit Choice
Credit Choice from Fiserv enables your credit union to offer credit cards that deliver high-touch, fully connected consumer experiences. Join our Aug. 31 webinar and learn how Credit Choice can help you drive revenue, reduce expenses and improve member loyalty by offering all the benefits of a premier branded credit card without assuming issuer-of-record expenses.
League’s Growth Conference Sept. 14-16 in Virginia Beach
We’re all seeking sustainable growth at our credit unions but staying ahead of the curve and the competition is increasingly difficult. So, we’ve curated our Growth Conference programming specifically for those focused on the growth and viability of their credit union – whether that role encompasses lending, marketing, business development, member service, revenue generation, community outreach, IT or operations.
TRGroup Hosting Compliance Conference Sept. 14-15
Learn from the industry's best-known regulatory compliance experts at the TRGroup's first-ever Compliance & Risk Management Conference, slated for Sept. 14-15 in Nashville, TN.
TRGroup Women’s Leadership Conference Set for Oct. 5-7
SAVE THE DATE ... for a conference designed for NOW. Seven collaborative state CU leagues (TRGroup) join forces to launch a unique development experience designed to drive results and accelerate the advancement of women in the credit union industry. Join us Oct. 5-7 in New Orleans.
Other Articles of Interest
- Virginia Credit Union League Builds Out Its Team
- UVA Community Credit Union Awards $34,500 to Area High School Seniors
- Northwest Federal Credit Union Wins 2022 Commuter Connections Employer Recognition Award for Telework Category
- Virginia Credit Union Moves Investment Program to Ameriprise Financial
- CUNA Backs SAFE Banking Amendment to FY23 NDAA
- CUNA Research: Inflation Sets Another Record
- Mortgage Rates at Credit Unions, Community Banks Rise in H1
- Certificate of Deposit Rates Rise Modestly in Aftermath of Fed Rate Hikes
- Comments Due to CFPB ANPR on Credit Card Late Fees
- Bank Of America, Wells Fargo Hit With Patent Suit Targeting Mobile App Development
- Crypto, Other Digital Payments Could Threaten CU Deposits, According to CUNA Economic Update
- Brainard Calls Digital Dollar a 'Natural Evolution' of Payment System
- Costs of Any Central Bank Digital Currency Outweigh Any Benefits, NAFCU Tells Commerce
- Oversight Needed for Digital Assets Marketplace
- Economic Update: Crypto Trends and Risks
- Treasury RFC Seeks Input on Digital Assets
- Regulators Issue Statement On Risk-based Approach To Due Diligence
- FinCEN Requests Comments on BSA Regulations Requiring Information Sharing
- FHA Implements Revised Appraisal Validity Period Guidance
- CDFI Certification Turns Financial Inclusion Values into Action
- NCUA Streamlines Part of Underserved Area Application Process
- Employee Collaboration Tools Can Pose Increased Legal and Data Risks
- Four Winning Plays for Connecting with Members
- More Than 150 Banks, CUs Hit by ‘Brand Impersonation Attacks’ in Q1, Analysis Finds