Date: August 6, 2014
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Wire transfers are very high risk in terms of fraud, money laundering, and other unlawful activities. Regardless of your institution’s size, compliance with wire transfer regulations is required. Both compliance and safety and soundness examiners are scrutinizing policies, procedures, and forms to ensure the risk is ultimately mitigated.
This webinar will cover the regulatory requirements and how to identify and react to potential wire fraud attempts. Since policies and procedures are key to successfully handling compliance and risk, the webinar manual will be structured as a policy/procedure template so you can compare it to your existing policy and update as necessary.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Sample policies/procedures will include:
- Requirements on incoming and outgoing wires, both domestic and international
- Bank Secrecy Act requirements for wires and recordkeeping
- Identification and authentication requirements (including “call backs”)
- OFAC screening
- USA PATRIOT Act 314(a) requirements
- And much more
- Regulation J (Subpart B) regarding wire transfers
- UCC-4A and wire transfers
- Additional miscellaneous issues and requirements
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample wire transfer policies and procedures
- Wire transfer agreement, log, and incoming/outgoing forms
- International wire transfer form
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for BSA officers, compliance officers, internal auditors, and wire transfer staff.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.