Date: May 29, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
The complexities of handling monetary instruments provide daily challenges. Determining when an item is payable and how best to protect the credit union requires in-depth knowledge. This webinar will provide essential legal information so you can make informed decisions about the majority of payment issues faced by financial institutions. It will cover when an instrument is properly payable, the right of a consumer to stop payment, when instruments may be returned, and the financial institution’s legal obligations. Most importantly, it will address financial institution liability when things go wrong.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- When can a financial institution pay an instrument?
- When can a consumer stop payment?
- When can your credit union return an item unpaid?
- Key considerations that can protect a financial institution from liability
- What to do when things go wrong
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Essential checklists and key resources for dealing with the most-common issues on the depository side of financial institutions.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This webinar is designed for branch managers and individuals with management responsibility for depository operations of the financial institution.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.