Date: July 29, 2014
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
What does it mean to be a mortgage loan originator (MLO) in the current regulatory environment? While compliance with the SAFE Act has been part of the responsibility for several years, there are still questions about the activities that constitute mortgage loan origination and how MLOs may be compensated. First we had the Act, then we had the Loan Originator Compensation Rule. This webinar will address these rules, cover the SAFE Act from A to Z, and provide an overview of the Loan Originator Compensation Rule, including compliant compensation methods for MLOs.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Nuts and bolts of SAFE Act compliance from a federal and state registration perspective
- Insight into how the SAFE Act correlates to the Loan Originator Compensation Rule
- Compensation methods for MLOs
- Tools to monitor internal compliance
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- SAFE Act fact sheet
- Checklist to monitor your SAFE Act compliance internally
- Loan originator compensation fact sheet
- Reference guide for compensation methods
- SAFE Act and Loan Originator Compensation FAQs
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for individuals employed as mortgage loan originators under federal registration or state licensing/registration. It will also benefit managers responsible for overseeing and administering the registration/licensing process.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.