Date: July 16, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
TIME: 3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Capital is King! While you may have enough capital at the moment, a key board and management function is to continually scan the horizon to determine if your credit union will continue to have enough capital under changing market conditions. Asset/Liability Management (ALM) is the term employed for the various tools and philosophies used to estimate future changes in capital. There is no single ALM method or best measuring system. That is because ALM is as much art as science. This webinar will look at various concepts, tools, and measurements that credit unions use to help understand what changing market conditions may do to capital.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Basic concepts of loan/deposit management
- How gap analysis can help estimate future changes in net income
- How computerized income simulations can help management
- Understand what NEV is and what a useful tool it is in predicting risk
- Sample ALM process that can be used monthly
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Capital growth calculator – a simple Excel-based calculator that allows you to use asset growth, predicted ROA, and capital to determine where the credit union will be up to five years from now
- Dash board template to help monitor key ratios over time.
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for directors, Supervisory Committee members, CEOs, managers, and senior management.