Date: July 31, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
The rule is now final! As of October 28, 2013, all financial institutions will be impacted by the new CFPB 1073 international remittance rule (Subpart B to Regulation E). This subpart was established to protect consumers who initiate cross border money transfers, including wires, ACH (IAT), online bill pay, certain prepaid card loads, and sweep accounts.
Don’t let these changes put your financial institution at risk. Join us to learn about the recent amendments and their impact. All elements of the rule will be reviewed, including key requirements, practical considerations, and preparation steps you can take to comply.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- The Remittance Transfer Rule, new proposed amendments, and expected effective date
- What qualifies as a Remittance Transfer, Sender, Recipient, and “Normal Course of Business”
- Disclosure requirements for prepayment, receipt, and foreign languages
- Accuracy requirements, exemptions, sender cancellation rights, and error resolution
- Preparation steps: developing policies, assessments, and determining responsibility
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Sample disclosures
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for ACH operation staff, branch personnel, compliance officers, and AAP candidates.