Date: January 15, 2014
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
As we start a new year, it is important to know and understand the regulatory changes and important issues that will have a direct impact on your IRA and HSA programs and members. Because of a recent Supreme Court ruling, the IRS now recognizes as married any same-sex couple that is validly married under the laws of any state. Join us to learn about the dramatic impacts that the new IRS interpretation of “spouse” has on your IRA and HSA programs. This program is a must for individuals who deal directly with IRA or HSA members, or who have operational or managerial responsibilities.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Review IRA and HSA eligibility requirements and contribution limits for 2013 and 2014
- The far-reaching effects of the recent DOMA decision
- The U.S. Supreme Court ruled that Section 3 of DOMA is unconstitutional
- Major impacts of this ruling on your IRA and HSA accounts
- Important changes to IRA and HSA beneficiary designations and options, Traditional IRA required minimum distributions, and more
- Issues surrounding eligibility for a Traditional IRA contribution deduction
- Most common questions asked by IRA and HSA holders over the past 12 months
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This session is designed for individuals who deal with IRAs or HSAs, whether face-to-face with members, behind the scenes in the IRA/HSA support department, or in management. If you are new to IRAs and HSAs, but have a fundamental understanding of these accounts, this program will provide you with important information to deepen your understanding.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.