Date: August 6, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
In the “new normal,” all aspects of a financial institution’s business are expected to receive increased regulatory attention. Home equity and junior lien mortgage portfolios are no exception. This webinar will cover new regulatory guidance related to junior lien risk management practices and simple steps credit unions can take to ensure compliance. Regulatory compliance and risk management best practices will be addressed as well as underwriting and origination, account and portfolio monitoring, considerations when implementing line management actions (capping or freezing lines), loan modifications, and ALLL analysis.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How the Interagency Guidance on Allowance Estimation Practices for Junior Lien Loans & Lines of Credit affects financial institutions
- Tips on ensuring an adequate ALLL methodology is in place for junior lien portfolios
- Dos and don’ts of a line management program (capping or freezing a borrower’s line)
- Regulators’ expectations for monitoring the status of a borrower’s first lien mortgage
- Best practices for underwriting, documentation, loan modifications, and product design
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will benefit risk managers, senior credit personnel, loan officers, credit analysts, and those involved with the ALLL process.