Date: September 12, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Thursday, September 12, 2013
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
Gone are the days when we could refer every credit report dispute to the credit reporting agency for resolution. Since federal law now requires credit unions to accept and act on members’ direct disputes, the dispute flood gates have opened!
What if the same member contacts you every month to claim they were never late on their loan and demands that you correct their credit report? This is just one scenario in the increasingly-complex world of credit reporting. Given that credit scores play such a significant role in a member’s financial success, it is clear why there has been so much activity, regulation, and litigation in this area. Is your credit union ready for the challenge? This webinar focuses on the practical aspects of creating and maintaining an effective credit-reporting process.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Your duties under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- How much investigation is enough?
- Creating the perfect paper trail
- Dealing with repeat disputes
- Who should be responsible for credit reporting?
- Recognizing credit-correction scams
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Direct dispute best practices
- Credit reporting compliance policy
- Direct dispute checklist
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for senior executives, compliance officers, lending staff, collections staff, internal auditors, and anyone involved with credit reporting.