Date: October 24, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Thursday, October 24, 2013
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
The disclosure reports for the 2012 HMDA reporting year will probably be available by September. What story will your institution’s HMDA performance tell to regulators, community groups, the press, and anyone with Internet access? Will your credit union compare favorably with competitors or will your data trends reveal potential discriminatory lending practices? How will you know?
Where do you find the answers to these questions? This webinar explains the examiners’ approach when analyzing HMDA performance. You will receive practical analysis tools to monitor HMDA activity throughout the year to proactively manage fair lending concerns. HMDA data analysis is the first step to defend your fair lending program. Learn how to document that your lending practices are based on non-discriminatory factors and avoid a “criteria interview” and a fair lending exam.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Data integrity and accuracy are crucial. Learn the definitions, common reporting errors, and best practices for HMDA data validation, including tips for using the new HMDA Getting it Right! guide released April 18, 2013, and the FFIEC geocode system that was updated July 10, 2013.
- NEW! The NCUA issued a new Fair Lending Guide in March and explained their expectations for fair lending compliance, including the importance of accurate HMDA reporting and analysis.
- Could your credit union be a “HMDA outlier” because the data shows the lending patterns are outside the normal range for pricing, denials, withdrawals, or lending terms? What’s normal?
- How to identify pricing discrimination triggers from the most-recent fair lending exam “benchmarks”
- Learn how to avoid common analysis mistakes and correctly compare “apples to apples”
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Cheat sheet to give simple data control steps for each of the 26 data fields
- HMDA Data Collection Worksheets to help you work smarter, not harder
- HMDA flow chart to identify reportable transactions
- Highlights of the new 2013 119-page Guide to HMDA Reporting: Getting It Right!
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is for senior lending management, loan officers, compliance officers, risk managers, and auditors. It is designed for both new and experienced staff who deal with HMDA analysis and fair lending concerns.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.