Date: March 6, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Although cases of overt discrimination are few and far apart, disparate treatment can happen inadvertently. Awareness and periodic monitoring of lending procedures can lessen the possibility of fair lending issues in your credit union.
Examiners expect credit unions to conduct ongoing fair lending comparative file reviews. Since the best offense is a strong defense, this webinar will walk you step-by-step through a comparative file review and provide worksheets and a report format to make it easier.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Types of discrimination: overt, disparate treatment, disparate impact
- Lending practices and standards: pricing, underwriting, file documentation, and exception monitoring
- How and why to conduct a fair lending self-assessment (set the parameters of your fair lending standards)
- Step-by-step guidance on how to conduct a fair lending comparative file review (most of the time will be spent on this)
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Fair lending self-assessment questionnaire
- Excel spreadsheet for data capture (it automatically generates trend analysis)
- Report boilerplate to summarize your analysis (for board reporting)
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is directed to compliance officers, loan officers (commercial and consumer), lending support staff, and auditors. Board members and management will also benefit from this timely session, because they are ultimately responsible for fair lending standards at your credit union.