Date: May 2, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Outside vendors are an essential element of credit union operations and their contracts are a regular part of life. But too often, contracts are signed without a full review or complete understanding of the terms beyond price and delivery. Unfortunately, what you don’t know can hurt you. The contract that the vendor provides is basically their “wish list” of terms and conditions. Worse yet, it was drafted by their attorney with the sole purpose of locking you in to their deal. This session is designed to teach you the basics of effective contract negotiation, review, and management.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Negotiating the best deal
- Transitioning from proposal to contract
- Taking the bite out of boilerplate language
- The most-common negotiation errors
- Effective problem identification and communication
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Contract review checklists
- Sample vendor management policy
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for executives, senior managers, department managers, project managers, and anyone involved with vendor selection and management.
Webinar content is subject to copyright and intended for your individual credit union’s use only.