Date: September 17, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Tuesday, September 17, 2013
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm
In part two of this series, we will take your knowledge of financial statements and ratios and teach you how to use it to identify and monitor risk. Is risk something you need to eliminate in a credit union? Risk in financial institutions is a funny thing. Take too little and you slowly starve. Take too much and you drown rapidly. This webinar will address the nine most critical risks that directors need to understand and explain how to monitor these risks.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Learn what can happen if underwriting is too liberal or lending quality controls are weak
- Determine why taking appropriate risk with borrowers is necessary to obtain an adequate yield from your portfolio in today’s low-rate marketplace
- Understand why chasing rate in investments can come back to haunt you
- Issues involved in locking the credit union into long-term, low-rate mortgage loans and the alternatives
- Review of critical internal controls to keep employees and criminals from illegally taking members’ money or data
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Financial dashboard to help you monitor risks and key ratios in an understandable, graphic form
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session will be beneficial for directors, Supervisory Committee members, other volunteers, volunteers in training, CEOs, managers, and senior management.
DON’T MISS PART 1!
This program is the second of two in a series. There’s still time to register for:
Directors & Financial Literacy Session 1:
Understand Your Credit Union’s Financial Condition with
Key Ratios, Balances & Estimates
on Tuesday, August 27, 2013.