Date: July 24, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Effective business writing is an essential skill for member communications, career advancement, and business success. Your ability to write powerful, persuasive documents that command readers’ attention, communicate your message, and convey your leadership skills can help boost your credit union’s bottom line and polish your professional reputation. Whether you are an entry-level employee embarking on a new career, a mid-level manager being groomed for leadership, or a C-level executive communicating with decision-makers, effective business writing is integral to success.
Don’t let ineffective writing muddle your messages, confuse your members, or derail your career. Designed for credit union professionals who seek real and immediate improvement in their business writing, this entertaining, instructional program delivers. A must for anyone who writes on the job, this webinar is an investment in your career and your credit union’s assets, reputation, and future.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Communicate clearly, concisely, and convincingly with internal and external audiences
- Write effective email that is read and acted upon – not ignored and deleted
- Write effective social media posts
- Apply the rules of netiquette, or electronic etiquette
- Write powerful, persuasive, precise business documents
- Deliver bad news, answer challenging questions, and reply to troubling situations
- Write for results, persuading even the most-difficult readers to take the desired action
- Apply the top three secrets of professional business writers
- Master tricks for starting quickly and capturing reader attention from the first sentence
- Take the inverted pyramid approach to writing
- Apply the ABCs (accuracy, brevity, clarity) of effective writing
- Understand the real rules of grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and style
- Write clear, concise, correct business documents that reflect professionalism and your credit union’s credibility
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Each participant may submit one brief (maximum 2 pages) writing sample for review and editing by the presenter within 10 days after the webinar
- Comprehensive business writing toolkit, complete with content-rich handouts, hands-on exercises, and Business Writing Tips & Grammar Rules™ review
- Electronic training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This program is a must for anyone who writes on the job, from entry-level staff to credit union managers and C-level professionals. If you rely on email and traditional business documents to communicate with internal and external audiences, then you cannot afford to miss this informative session.