Date: May 14, 2014
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
9:00 am – 10:30 am HST
12:00 pm – 1:30 pm PT
1:00 pm – 2:30 pm MT
2:00 pm – 3:30 pm CT
3:00 pm – 4:30 pm ET
Auditing loan files has always been an important undertaking. With all the regulatory changes, it’s vital to ensure your loans comply. Because lending includes hefty safety and soundness and compliance requirements, there are many opportunities for errors. The goal of auditing is to catch errors before the examiners find them and initiate corrective action. This session will help identify what the examiners are looking for in residential real estate, consumer, and commercial loan files regarding both compliance and safety and soundness.
Continuing Education: Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- How to pull your sample size for the audit (statistically and intuitively)
- How to make your audit more “risk-based” as required by the examiners
- A “run through” of real estate, consumer, and commercial loan files, including the compliance regulations affecting those loans
- Auditing safety and soundness guidelines
- Audit reporting procedures for the board and/or Audit Committee
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Fact sheets (“cheat sheets”) for the 2014 lending changes
- Sample checklists to use for audits
- Fair lending worksheet to assist with doing a spot check
- Employee training log
- Quiz you can administer to measure staff learning and a separate answer key
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for internal auditors. Compliance officers, lenders, loan administrators, and processors will also benefit.