Date: June 27, 2013
Time: 3:00pm - 4:30pm
3:00 pm â€“ 4:30 pm
What youÂ donâ€™tÂ say can be a compliance violation! What youÂ doÂ say can be a compliance violation! Confusing? Absolutely! Whether it is print media, radio, TV, lobby posters, brochures, or the Internet, multiple regulations impact your credit unionâ€™s advertising. You must be knowledgeable to avoid compliance pitfalls. However, rules and regulations can be costly to implement and difficult to interpret. This session covers the numerous rules and regulations that restrict advertising content and mandate specific disclosures, as well as the form and content of all types of advertising. Risking noncompliance is not an option! A single regulatory violation, or worse, a pattern of violations, can lead to regulatory fines and potential lawsuits.
Continuing Education:Â Attendance verification for CE credits upon request
- Unfair, deceptive, and abusive advertising practices
- Special rules for websites and mobile banking
- Restrictions on use of email, fax, and telephone solicitations
- Copyright and trademark infringement
- Promotional contests and prizes
- TAKE-AWAY TOOLKIT
- Advertising compliance checklist to ensure you donâ€™t forget an important requirement
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This informative session is designed for marketing personnel, compliance officers, legal officers, and managers.