Credit Union located in Henrico has an immediate opening for a full-time Recovery Specialist at our Henrico, VA office.
Employees must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodations.
- outbound calls daily on assigned past due accounts to determine the reason(s) for delinquency and negotiate the collection of past due amounts
- Through detailed, in-depth conversations, obtain all updated member contact information to ensure accurate records including the usage of advanced skip tracing techniques and web based applications
- Conduct thorough investigation to obtain all facts regarding financial stability and the ability to repay all debt. Document all conversations, findings and collection activity
- Maintain superior knowledge of applicable State and Federal laws and regulations
- Must have experience with bankruptcies, tax levies, garnishments, researching credit report disputes
- Identify potential loss situations by analyzing member financial data to determine the cost effectiveness in recommending repossession, foreclosure or litigation; Formulate well thought out resolution plans prior to discussing with management
- Reviews and coordinates potential repossessions in collaboration with Sr. management and prepares notices to debtor such as Notice of Default and Deficiency Balance Notices.
- Must possess a high sense of urgency, attention to detail and initiative
- This job description is not exhaustive. The Collector may be required to perform other duties as assigned
Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
Preferred: Associate’s Degree in Business or related field
Prior Experience: 2+ Type: Collection experience in Banking, Credit Union, Collection Agency, or Attorney Firm.
To be considered for employment, the candidate must be able to successfully pass a background check which includes but is not limited to: bondability check, credit check, and employment verifications. Please provide salary requirements.
Interested applicants may email résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 804-266-5803.