'George' Readies for Road Trip
Come join us for some fun with our traveling QuitTheHit Photo Booth! Your League is planning to attend various festivals and events throughout Virginia this Fall to showcase Quit the Hit and continue to drive younger potential members to credit unions. Volunteers from area credit unions are needed at the events listed below.
We specifically selected events across the Commonwealth that brought in our targeted demographic (18- to 34-year-olds). The current list of festivals include:
- Hampton Bay Days - Sept. 6-7, Hampton
- Dulles Day Plane Pull – Sept. 14, Sterling
- Good Times, Tastes & Traditions – Sept. 21, Staunton
- Anthem GO Outside Festival – Oct. 19, Roanoke
- Martinsville Race – Oct. 25-27, Martinsville
- 2014 Richmond Race on April 25-27, Richmond
All that is required of our credit union volunteers is your time. Your League will be covering the cost of admission (sorry, race tickets not available!), food and gas, and you get the additional bonus of a FREE Quit The Hit T-shirt to wear to the event.
You are welcome to bring marketing collateral for your credit union to any events you attend. You can send us your marketing collateral for the booth if you are not able to send a representative from your credit union.
Let’s make the second phase of Quit the Hit a big one! If you have any suggestions on other events in your area please email them to your League's Bethany Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org. Questions about volunteering for an event can also be forwarded to Bethany.
‘QuitTheHit’ Video Gets Over 1 Million Views! The latest results are in…
The ‘QuitTheHit’ Social Media Campaign was designed to increase awareness of the benefits of credit unions and drive young consumers in Virginia to learn more about credit unions by visiting the website www.QuitTheHit.com.
The Campaign was a SUCCESS. We are excited to share the following results with you!
- The YouTube video received 1.17 Million views!
- Over 66,000 consumers visited QuitTheHit.com!
- We reached 15.7 Million Twitter followers!
- The Campaign doubled the percent of consumers having lower rates and fees ‘top of mind’ when thinking of credit unions!
- More consumers:
- want to find out more about CUs
- believe CUs offer better service and are more likely to join
- CU awareness in VA was already very high at 78% and this Campaign reduced the “fog” of uncertainty surrounding CUs and LESS consumers now say CUs are NOT a viable option!
Your League appreciates the credit unions who have financially helped with the Statewide Credit Union Awareness Campaign but every credit union can help to make this effort successful! Here is how you can help spread the word:
Forward the email messages below as emails with the link to your staff/volunteers and members encouraging them to watch the video and share through their Twitter and Facebook accounts.
Below are the tools and resources related to the Campaign. Please put this into action now!
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/QuitTheHit
(We recommend anything that we Tweet, we use #quitthehit.)
Link to Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHGTBuAlx5Y