Four directors re-elected, one elected to serve on volunteer board; Board also selects officers for coming year
The Virginia Credit Union League is pleased to announce the results of recent elections for its volunteer Board of Directors.
- Stan Leicester (BayPort Credit Union, Newport News) was re-elected to a three-year term representing credit unions with $50 million or more in assets in the Hampton Roads and Tidewater chapters.
- Iris Ellis (Assurance Federal Credit Union, Richmond) – re-elected to a three-year term representing credit unions with less than $50 million in assets in the Richmond and Southside chapters.
- Cliff DeMars (Blue Eagle Credit Union, Roanoke) – re-elected to a three-year term representing credit unions with $50 million or more in assets in the Lynchburg, Piedmont, Roanoke Valley and Southwestern Virginia chapters.
- Carl Ratcliff (ABNB Federal Credit Union, Chesapeake) – elected to a three-year term as an At-Large Director.
- Joe Thomas (Fairfax County Federal Credit Union, Fairfax) – re-elected to a three-year term as an At-Large Director.
In the Board's reorganization meeting, the following officers were elected:
- Suzanne Hodgins (UVA Community Credit Union, Charlottesville) was re-elected Chairman.
- Karen Orie (Hampton Roads Educators' Credit Union, Hampton) was elected Vice Chairman.
- Rose Gilliam (Argent Credit Union, Richmond) was elected Treasurer.
- Chris Williams (Henrico Federal Credit Union, Henrico) was elected Secretary.
The League Board also elected the following slate of officers for the League Service Corporation - Virginia Credit Union Services, Inc. (VACUS) - a wholly owned subsidiary of the League, which provides a wide range of products and services for credit unions, including insurance, lending assistance, shared branching, card services and share draft processing.
- Iris Ellis (Assurance Federal Credit Union, Richmond) was re-elected Chairman.
- Gaye DeCesare (Belvoir Federal Credit Union, Woodbridge) was re-elected Vice Chairman.
- Rose Gilliam (Argent Credit Union, Richmond) will serve as Treasurer.
- Cheryl Dickerson (Fairfax City Federal Credit Union, Fairfax) was re-elected Secretary.
The Virginia Credit Union League is the state trade association for the commonwealth's 179 member-owned, not-for-profit credit unions. For almost 80 years, the League has provided training and education services, lobbied lawmakers on behalf of credit unions, and served as an information and operations resource. For more information about the League, visit www.vacul.org.