Chartway Federal Credit Union announced today that it will be bringing two of its divisional credit unions - Utah Central and HeritageWest Credit Unions together under one name. On October 1, 2013, Utah Central will begin operating under the name HeritageWest. As a result, of the name unification, members will have access to 17 convenient locations throughout the state.
Heidi E. Worker
Director of Corporate Communication
office: (757) 552-1000, Ext. 43026
mobile: (218) 280-3779
Divisional Credit Unions in Greater Salt Lake Area Coming Together Under One Name to Increase Member Benefits
Salt Lake City, UT (Aug. 12, 2013) – Chartway Federal Credit Union today announced that it will bring together two of its divisional credit unions based in the Greater Salt Lake Area – Utah Central and HeritageWest. As a result, Utah Central will begin operating under the name HeritageWest, effective Oct. 1, 2013.
The unification will strengthen member benefits in the region and draw greater attention to the fact that members have access to all of its branch locations across its family of credit unions - a great convenience for members within the Greater Salt Lake Area and those traveling across the country.
As a result, members will be able to enjoy the same, friendly faces in more convenient places, as follows:
- 12 convenient locations in the Greater Salt Lake Area, including branch offices in Salt Lake City, Tooele, South Jordan, West Jordan, Stansbury Park, West Valley, Murray, Sandy, Herriman, Grantsville and Price – all under the HeritageWest name
- Five additional SouthWest Community branches located in St. George, Hurricane, Cedar City, and Washington, UT – another member of the family of credit unions
- Any of the 60 total Chartway Federal, HeritageWest or SouthWest Community branch locations in Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia and Utah
- More than 25,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide
- 24/7 access to their accounts through the credit union’s online, mobile, and telephone banking services
“Earlier this year, we met with our employees and spoke with our members about how we could strengthen the overall member experience in this area,” said Ron Burniske, president and chief executive officer of Chartway Federal Credit Union and its divisions. “They told us they weren’t aware that HeritageWest and Utah Central belonged to a family of credit unions, giving them access to any of their branch locations, ATMs and online, mobile, and telephone banking services. So, it only made sense to create the clarity members were seeking by uniting the two brands under one name: HeritageWest. Now, they’ll be able to enjoy all the benefits of being part of one of the largest networks of credit unions in the state of Utah.”
Burniske says that the transition process should be a seamless one for credit union members, as all divisions within the family of credit unions operate on the same systems and offer the same suite of products. As a result, there will be no impact to any member accounts. The only difference is that now, members will have access to more locations.
Additionally, hours of operation will expand at its location in Murray, UT. Beginning Oct. 5, members who bank at its Murray branch will be able to enjoy in-branch and drive-thru service between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m. every Saturday.
“We are grateful that our members were honest enough to tell us that what’s really important to them is not the name on the building but the people who are in it. We have an outstanding team of employees who love serving their members and are proud of the ways they are able to improve their lives. Bringing these credit unions together will simply enable us to better serve our members, make it even more convenient to bank with us, and to provide the best possible financial experience,” said Burniske.
Members seeking answers to more Frequently Asked Questions are encouraged to stop by any of its branch locations, or to visit www.UtahCentral.com/NewName.
- Utah Central members will continue to see the same friendly faces, just in more convenient locations - all operating under the HeritageWest name.
- Utah Central members may access their accounts as normal, using the same account numbers and passwords.
- Utah Central members may continue to visit their local branches and access the credit union via the same website, e-mail addresses, and phone numbers. Although members will be automatically redirected to HeritageWest’s resources when doing so, the experience will be the same because the credit union operates on exactly the same platforms.
- Utah Central members should update their mobile phone app to HeritageWest’s mobile phone app on or after Oct. 1, 2013. The mobile app is exactly the same so members can continue to enjoy the same mobile banking experience they currently do. Members can continue to use the same username and password when logging into HeritageWest’s app.
- Utah Central members will not need to request new checks, or new ATM, debit, or credit cards, as the credit union will send new checks and new cards with the HeritageWest name and logo once these items have expired or need to be replaced.
- Utah Central members who use the credit union’s bill pay services will not need to take any action. All scheduled payments and payment settings should not be interrupted.
- Member funds will continue to be federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), an agency of the federal government, up to $250,000 per member. NCUA insurance is equal to FDIC insurance in every respect.
Photo Caption - Friendly Faces. More Places.JPG On Oct. 1, 2013, two of Chartway Federal Credit Union’s divisions located in the Greater Salt Lake Area - HeritageWest and Utah Central Credit Unions - will be coming together under one name: HeritageWest Credit Union. This unification will strengthen member benefits in the region and draw greater attention to the fact that members have access to all of its branch locations across its family of credit unions - a great convenience for members within the Greater Salt Lake Area and those traveling across the country.
About the Chartway Federal Family of Credit Unions
Chartway FCU, a not-for-profit financial institution, has been serving members and families since 1959, building a service network that includes 60 branches in 10 states. Headquartered in Virginia Beach, Virginia, the credit union’s reach extends through Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Rhode Island, Texas, Virginia and Utah. HeritageWest Credit Union and SouthWest Community Credit Union joined the Chartway family in 2010. Utah Central became part of the organization in 2011. Altogether, the organization has assets of more than $1.9 billion and serves nearly 200,000 members. For more information, visit www.chartway.com, www.HeritageWestCU.com, or www.SouthWestFederal.Com.