|Jason Lindstrom||President||Belvior FCU||703.730.1800, ext. 5125|
|Shannon Tackett||1st Vice President||Belvoir FCU||703-730-1800 ext. 5155|
|David Reed||2nd Vice President||Reed and Jolly, PLLC (Fairfax County FCU)||703.675.9578|
|Judy Pollard||Secretary||Justice FCU||703.480.5300, ext. 3102|
|Mike Ligon||Treasurer||Belvoir FCU||703.730.1800, ext. 5365|
|Nicole Bowen||Chapter Legislative Representative||
Fairfax County FCU
League Directors/Key Contacts
|Gaye DeCesare||League Director (Region 3, At-Large Director)||Belvoir FCU (VP Administration)||703.730.1800|
|Dan Morrisey||League Director (Region 3, Class 1)||Queen of Peace Arlington FCU||703.521.1960|
|Suzanne Hodgins||League Director (Region 3, Class 2)||UVA Community CU||434.964.2014|
|Joe Thomas||League Director (Region 3, At-Large Director)||Fairfax County FCU||703.218.9900|
Directory of Chapter Credit Unions
View the chapter's credit unions (includes a link to each credit union's Web site, if applicable.)
Meeting & Event Information
NoVA Chapter Sets Oct. 9 Legislator Appreciation Night
The Northern Virginia Chapter of the Virginia Credit Union League cordially invites you to the Chapter's Legislator Appreciation Night on Oct. 9. Join us as we salute our lawmakers for their service and educate them about the Credit Union Difference.
TIME: 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Fairview Park Marriott
3111 Fairview Park Drive, Falls Church, VA 22042
Sponsor: Credit Union Mortgage Association
Charity Focus: Children’s Books for Local Children
There is no charge for this event
- Door Prizes
- 50/50 Raffle proceeds will go to support local children in need
Please RSVP by Monday, Oct. 6 to Shannon Tackett at email@example.com or call 703.730.1800 ext. 5155
NoVA Chapter Gathers Info on Clothing Donation Opportunities
As a part of credit unions' outreach to our communities, many of our officials, staff and members may have very usable clothing that they wish to donate to an organization that provides such clothing to those in our community who are in need of such items. Many folks are looking for a home for such donations.
The chapter has initiated an information-sharing process that interested NoVa Credit Unions can make known any such organizations with which the credit union, or someone from the credit union, has some degree (can be very minimal) of involvement or knowledge, which receives donations of clothing and provides such clothing at no cost or very minimal cost to recipients.
This is not a clothing drive, and area credit unions can participate to whatever degree they choose to participate in promoting clothing donations directly to one of the organizations on the list. This might involve posting a list in the credit union branch lobby, placing an item in a newsletter, making staff aware, etc.
The first step was to develop a list of appropriate clothing/thrift shops in various areas of Northern Virginia. We now have information on two such shops, one in Arlington and one in Herndon. That list is below, and you can publicize this list to whatever extent you wish.
Read the letter from Dan Morrisey (Queen of Peace Arlington Federal Credit Union). Also included in the letter is an information sheet you can use to submit the names of organizations you know that collect and distribute gently worn clothing to the needy.
List of Credit Union Recommended Clothing/Thrift Shops
845 Station St
Herndon VA 20710
- Contact at The Closet: Aaron Sawyer, 703.437.7652
- Open for customers/clients: Tu, Th, Sat 10 am – 2 pm
- Open for Donations: Tu, Th, Sa 8 am – 2 pm
- Types of items accepted as donations: Gently used men’s, women’s and children’s cloting, shoes, household items, books, toys, videos, musical instruments
- Types of Items not accepted: Large furniture, mattresses, exercise equipment
Matt. 25 Thrift Shop
Our Lady Queen of Peace Church
2700 South 19th St
Arlington VA 22204
- Contact at Matt. 25: Greg Staff 703.979.5580
- Open for customers/clients: Wed, Sat, Sun: 9:00 am – 12 Noon
- Open for Donations: Wed, Sat, Sun: 9:00 am – 12Noon. At other times, leave donations in blue drop box
- Types of items accepted as donations: Gently used men’s, women’s and children’s clothing, shoes, small household items, books, small toys, ettc.
- Types of Items not accepted: Large furniture, television sets, computers and monitors, mattresses, children’s car seats.
- Credit Union related: Queen of Peace Arlington Federal Credit Union, Dan Morrisey, 703.521.8615, firstname.lastname@example.org